Facts matter: Sign up
for the free Mother Jones Daily
our nonprofit reporting. Subscribe
to our print magazine.
- 1. Tom DeLay (R-Texas)
- Polluters’ best friend helps his brother
- 2. David McIntosh (R-Ind.)
- Protects big insurers, smears the YMCA
- 3. Bob Barr (R-Geor.)
- Backed by the NRA, never met a gun he didn’t like
- 4. Sue Myrick (R-N.C.)
- GOP donor Amway has its own representative to pave the way to China
- 5. Richard Gephardt (D-Missouri)
- Even out of power, can’t kick old habits
- 6. Thomas Bliley Jr. (R-Virg.)
- Tobacco’s man pulls in telecom money, too
- 7. Helen Chenoweth (R-Idaho)
- Cares more for companies than consumers
- 8. Jane Harman (D-Calif.)
- The Cold War ended but Star Wars continues
- 9. Jon Christensen (R-Neb.)
- Christian rightist cashes in
- 10. Steve Stockman (R-Texas)
- Friend of the far-right fringe
- 11. John Ensign (R-Nev.)
- Casino brat improves gambling’s odds
- 12 Vic Fazio (D-Calif.)
- Looks out for big agriculture’s interest
A Few Good Women
Republican Linda Smith and Democrat Lynn Rivers buck the tide.
Breach of Contract
Interviews with E.J. Dionne Jr., Kevin Phillips, Theda Skocpol, John B. Judis, Lars-Erik Nelson, and Ellen Goodman.
A chronological overview of the rise and fall of the 104th Congress.